Bumpy ride

Beautiful morning in Tampere, I woke up at 6.30 even though my bus left after 9 am. Got cherries for snacking in the bus, mom cried at the bust station. The bus ride was fast, I was well on time in the Helsinki-Vantaa airport.

My overweight luggage and the brand new laptop bag in Tampere bus station

First bump in the ride: I had overweight luggage. So, I unpacked my huge bag and put all the candies etc. to a plastic bag I bought, to the hand-luggage (same weight to the plane, just in a different bag).

Then, I found out that the flight was overbooked, and I did not have a seat. This caused a mild stress, plus several inquiries to the staff on the situation. The gate opened 2 hours before take off, I played it safe and skipped all the tax-free to make sure I got on the plane.

Ratatouille, quinoa and tomatoes, salad, fruit salad and a gluten free roll

I was actually a bit surprised that I got the vegan meal I ordered. I brought one Grey’s Anatomy disc with me to make the flight easier – too bad it was the one I had just watched. So no season 7 finale or me, then. I also noticed, that I forgot the usb cable home. There was no personal screens on the 767 American Airlines, so I had to make do with Game of Thrones s2 I had on my computer.

At Chicago, I had a bit less than 2 hours layover. I had planned on going to check out the tax free, but…

Me, lots of oriental people, and a bunch of officials walking around in the Border Protection Office

Apparently I was suspicious in the passport control, since the man took my passport and made me wait for interrogation. No one told me anything, I was just to sit in the room and wait, even though my connecting flight was in less than an hour. I was scared, not to mention jet-lagged and frustrated. When I finally got to the officer, he told me that I would most likely miss my flight, since the airport is so big and busy, and I would have to drop off my luggage, go to another terminal by train and then through security check. Ha! I made it. Welcome to America!

American Eagle, ready for take off

In New York, finally after about 22 hours.



Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s